Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm an arteest

Last year I started attending meeting of the Brazos Valley Stitchers, our local chapter of the embroiderer's guild of America.  It has been exactly what I needed.  It's been an extremely fulfilling part if my life. I live stitching and so do the ladies in this group. Not only that but they love that I love stitching!! We do a new (at least new for me) technique of stitching each month.  It's fabulous!! I've learned so much and been welcomed by these wonderful women who get excited about the same kinds of things that I do. 

Through the group, we learned that our local arts council was holding a fiber arts show.  All of us were encouraged to submit pieces.  I submitted a cross stitch piece, some small hardanger pieces, and a crocheted purse.  The cross stitch and the hardanger were accepted!!!  What's more, we had to submit a picture of the whole piece then a close up shot.  My close up of the cross stitch was used on the advertisement material!!

Here are some shots from opening night. The show runs through July 31.  Several of our stitchers have pieces on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment