Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Almost as good as yesterday

With one mistake...

Today, I hit Kroger again for another shot at the mega sale.  Ronzoni's website has coupons.  Go get them!  So does Aquafresh for the trainer toothbrush.  All on mega sale right now.  Those coupons combined with one from mom (THANKS!) plus an Odwalla coupon from All You (I think) and the Millstone coupon from a few weeks back yeilded some awesome success at Kroger.  $22+ in items for a whopping $2.14.  :)  I was giddy.  That's 90% savings!!!

Original Price of all items=$41.79, Sale Price=$26.13
MY PRICE=$3.68  Savings of 91% overall


Ok, the bananas weren't part of the sale, but that's another story.  Kroger's banana price is horrible, but their marked down price is tolerable.  A couple week's ago we got a bag for $1 and it lasted a long time and I made a double batch of banana oatmeal cookies.  Today, when I reached the bananas Christopher (awesome young man) was restocking.  I asked, "Any old bananas?"  He pointed to some, I asked if they were marked down.  He said, "Ya, I'll mark 'em for you."  "With the red tape?"  "No, I'll get you a bag."  Oh goodie, I'm thinking, another $1 bag.  Christopher went into the back and brought back a bag.  He then proceeded to FILL IT with bananas that maybe had 2 bruises each.  Then he handed it to me, I nearly did a double take when I saw the price he had written on the bag.  "Sixty nine cents?!"  "yep"  "You're the MAN, Christopher!!"  When I got home, I weighed the bag.  Just over 5 lbs of bananas.  At Kroger's original pricing, that bag of bananas alone would have cost me just over $2.40.

On to CVS, I had 5 of the $1 off any Pert Plus coupons, $0.50 off Listerine pocket packs, and at least 3 of the $1 off Reach toothbrush or floss coupons.  I was planning to get the travel pert, and the 5 for $5 listerine, floss and toothbrushes if they had them.   You see my collection.  I was pretty sure I had matched up each item with a coupon and should have paid only 50 cents plus tax.  But a whiney boy or something must have distracted me because I was missing one coupon and paid $1.62 for all of it.  

I'm a little disappointed in myself because only 62 cents would have been more awesome.  But considering that I was paid back $1.30 yesterday, I guess I should still be happy.  Counting yesterday's "earnings" I guess we only paid $2.38 for everything on the table.  The bananas alone would have been worth more than that.  :)  Ok, I'm still giddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment