Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I was paid to shop!!

Yesterday I had a horrible experience at Walgreens.  No coupons worked even though they should have.  I was all but resigned to give up on ever trying at Walgreens again.

They are selling some small size boxes of Cream of Wheat for $1.  I had a $1 off ANY PACKAGE of Cream of Wheat.  No where on the coupon did it specify a size or say 'excludes trial size' or anything.  But when the clerk scanned the coupon, yesterday, it beeped.  The 2 clerks that dealt with me yesterday would not accept the coupon even though they should have.  I was so frustrated.

Today I decided to try again.  My plan was to use 'strategic cashiering' as described by Stockpiling Moms http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2011/03/strategic-cashier-selection.html described here.  After reading this article, I realized that all my problems at stores didn't necessarily have to do with the store I was at but with the cashier I had.  So, at Walgreens, if there wasn't a young male clerk, I was going to go straight to the manager.  But there was a young male clerk!!!  Male college students are the next best cashier to high schoolers.  I found the cereal, had my coupon went to him and said, "Since this says 'off any package' shouldn't it work on this?"  Made sense to him, but machine beeped again.  He checked with another guy, then called the manager and (in very different style than the other store) he pleaded my case to the manager.  "Yep, date's ok, says any package no size restriction or type."  He hung up the phone and pushed it through!!!

Yeah!  Free cereal!

The really fun thing is that Wal-Mart will now PAY YOU for shopping!  Ok, not really but they have a new coupon policy.  It states that if a coupon is for more than the price of the item, the overage can be applied to the rest of your basket or returned to the customer as cash.  Yep, you read that right.

On the Target website there's a $2 off any Revlon beauty tool manufacturer coupon.  I used 2 to get tweezers and nail clippers.  Then the $3 off Gain coupon from February on a small box of softeners.  Then the $2 off 2 M&M coupon from the All You magazine. (if you're not buying All You, available at Walmart only, you need to or get a subscription. It has coupons for greater value than you get in newspapers!!!)  After coupons Wal-Mart owed me $1.30!!!


Take note: this picture is on our freezer in the garage.  That's because I can't stand dryer sheets.  I think they're waaaaaaay too scented (hence not coming in my house) and I don't like the icky feeling on the clothes when they're used.  But!!!!  I was PAID to buy them!  We'll find some use for them!  Right now they're making the garage smell like not-car.

And...since I'm really delinquent on getting more baby pictures posted...here's one from a recent visit and this morning's double musical instrument fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment