Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today's Kroger Trip 61% savings

No pictures, sorry, you'll have to use your imagination.  I just didn't have the energy for it, today.

Today wasn't as amazing as some past trips, but I was happy about some of my manager special purchases. Ok, I'm going against my idea that I eat what I have and don't buy things if I already have it or an alternative (like don't buy veggies if I have some that are frozen), but I wasn't paying top dollar.  :)

There were several items in a Manager's Special section of the produce area.  At the end of the Potato-onion table, down near the greek yogurt there were bags of potatoes, bags of 2 green and 1 red bell pepper, and several heads of lettuce.  All marked to sell for $1.  I didn't touch the lettuce, that really looked scary.  The potatoes looked fine to me, and I found 2 bags of the bell peppers.  I thought that was a pretty good price since greens can be 2/$1 and reds $1 each if you're lucky.  They're definitely at a 'cook tonight' kind of status.

I also snagged the bag of ripe bananas for $1.  Banana cake?  Muffins?  Pancakes?

Then I did the Mega Deal twice.  I had 5 of the Kraft coupons for $1 off 2 packages of Kraft Singles.  Did that, got them for .99 each.  The other set of 10 items was:

Dannon 2.29 -.5 mega - $1 coupon = .79
Dole fruit crisps 1.99 -.5 mega - .5 (doubled) = .49
Dole fruit crisp 1.99 -.5 mega - .75= .74
2 Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta 2(1.19-.5) - $1/2 = .38 for 2
2 Vitamin water 2(1-.5 mega) - $1 off receipt coupon = free!
Philly cooking cream cheese 2.49 -.5 mega - 1.5= .49
2 Annie's mac & cheese .99-.5 mega = .49

I did get some fresh things.  There are grapes by the produce door with a 2 for $4 sticker on them, they're 2 lbs containers so it's really $1 per pound.  Got 2 of those and also some of the Kraft shredded cheese that's on sale BOGO free.  I used 2 .50 off coupons.  Both of them took!  One for the one I was buying and one for the one Kroger was giving me for free.  Both were doubled.  So I got 2 packages of Kraft shredded cheese w/ touch of Philly for 1.49.

The best thing I saw in the Manager Special meat (which was fully stocked at 9 AM) was 2 packages of ground lamb for $2.50 each.  Those are going in the freezer until Easter.

So my 20 mega deal items came to a total of $13.77.  Manager produce + 1 loaf of bread $4.95.  Grapes $4.  BOGO Cheese $1.49.  Manager Lamb $5.

Total $29.13  Yes, that doesn't add up correctly.  I don't know why it happens but 0.08 tax is actually DEducted from my total.  Weirdness but OK!

61% savings after Kroger sales and coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment