Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Baby #4 will be here soon!!!



That is right.  Baby 4 is going to be a girl.  The ultrasound tech had a 5 times rule, she had to check 5 different times for the gender to be assured and she was and showed us.  Girlie girl.  Jane was with me on the birth center when we found out.  She was so sweet.  She hugged me and at one point, Jane just bent over and kissed me on the cheek.  She is so sweet!

So, we are pretty excited here about little baby girl coming.   The tech also had a predicted due date a little earlier than ours based on size of the baby.  I have always been saying late March-early April and I suppose thta doesn't really change much.  But it might be more March than April.  We have no idea when George would have 'naturally' arrived, but the other 2 arrived before their due dates.  Jane by just one day and Michael was early by at least a week. I am not getting my hopes up too much.  I am mentally prepared to go until April.

I'll finally get my baby Maggie!!  I was very tempted to name Jane Maggie but I wasn't completely happy with the arrangement.  In the meantime, we encountered someone who had the name Magdalene, or something very like it, and went by Maddy. That helped me to realize, and I told Tony right away, "If we named the next girl Magdalene we could call her Maggie!!!!!"  Problem partially solved.  The next dilemma, first name or middle name.  Do we go full Bible and say Mary Magdalene.  Then we would complete the Mary Poppins theme that we unwittingly bestowed on our children.  

(For that story.....After Jane was born we started getting questioned 'Oh you like Mary Poppins?' Wha??  'The kids are Jane and Michael Banks.'  Me: oh, ya well, I didn't realize that.  Then after George was born, we saw someone else who said the same thing, 'Oh like Mary Poppins!'  I said, "You GOT to be kidding me!  Did we do it again??" Then this person told me, "Oh ya, the dad's name is George.') 

Do we give a little girl the first name of Magdalene that she'll have to live with forever?  There aren't too many other names that would go well with Magdalene, even with Magdalene being the middle name.  Then, one day, Tony said Magdalene Marie.  It sounded really nice, solved the Mary Poppins problem, in a way.  It's still a Marian reference, but his family is German and there are several 'Marie's,' especially as middle names, in the family.  Even Aunt Katie is Kathryn Marie.  So, I get my baby Maggie, and Tony and his family get a Marie.  For everyone else, yes, we completed the Mary Poppins quartet of usable names.  If we have another boy, later on, we are NOT naming him Bert (Dick Van Dyke's character), nor are we naming another girl Winifred (the mom's name).  I simply can't go that far, it is a little too neurotic.

Plus, I think this girl is going to be an awesome Magdalene, whether she goes by Maggie, or switches to Magdalene when she is older.  Or Maddy (like her cousin), or Lynn, or whatever suits her fancy.  She has been a super active baby in the womb and we can't wait to meet her.  It has been a joy to see the other 3 ring circus develop and we just can't even begin to imagine how much awesomeness one more baby will bring to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment