Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 28, 2014

Baby Maggie is here!!!!!

We had a successful birth, today!  

It was a long and arduous day.  Truly, I would not have made it through without my amazing husband.  When all I wanted to do was run to the hospital and get and epidural, he said, "no, you don't." And he continued to say supportive things the entire labor.  He reminded me that I can do this, that I have done this.  He also held up my massive pregnant body SEVERAL times during contractions so I could relax.  

I must have had some kind of mental block on this labor, because even the midwife was surprised that it was taking so long for me to dilate.  But, eventually, it started to happen.  

My younger sister, Ellen was able to come.  She helped by getting us food and drink, timing contractions, and helping me to BREATHE at the end AND held one of my legs and held my head up when I pushed out the baby.  

The midwife team was also great.  Very supportive and wise.  My midwife was all over my cervix, making sure it was out of the way before I got to some serious pushing.  Then she said we should be on the bed, not the birthing stool.  It all worked out!  Baby Maggie made her debut tonight at about 8:23.  She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and is 20 inches long.  

She is pretty awesome and we are totally in love.  Gee & Papa were able to come visit.  They are spending the night down the street with the other 3 crazies at Aunt Katie's house.  Thank you thank you thank you to the grands and Aunt Katie!!!!


Here she is, our little bedtime buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! What a blessing to not have another c-section!

    ReplyDelete